Still in need of a few gifts this year? These are my very biased recommendations! Below you will find something warm, pretty, useful, dreamy, fun and quirky.
1. Buy the gift that keeps on giving – WARMTH that is. Lolë coats offer impeccable style but also incredible warmth. Consider a Lolë coat for the fantastic woman in your life or simply buy it for yourself (I did!). Find it at: Fresh Air Experience or the newly opened Lolë store in Regina.
2. Know a nature lover that also loves a bit of bling? Imprinted leaves, birch marks and other lovely organic references, local artisan Megan Hazel’s clean and natural designs will likely be a win for that special someone. Visit her site for even more gift ideas: meganhazel.com.
3. Unique décor. Made with love by little nicki, an Ojos de Dios Mexican Dreamcatcher is a unique option for someone you want to surprise with an original present. Check out Nicki’s other cool items and order from her Etsy shop. (P.S. Meet little nicki. ;))
4. You can never go wrong with handmade. Especially usable handmade art. I adore these coffee mugs made by Claude Morin of Artancestral. In fact, I bought the two tall ones this year for my husband as he’s always trying to snag mine (in front). I feel like I would die if this mug was to break. That is how much I love it. More of Claude’s work can be viewed at: Artancestral.ca.
5. Skip the material and buy a memory! Book a Mush and Stay package with Sundogs Excursions and Elk Ridge Resort. Located in beautiful Waskesiu, your loved one will have an incredible experience dog sledding the snowy back roads of Prince Albert National Park. To top it off, this package includes a stay Elk Ridge, a 4 star destination that offers great dining and other great winter activities (snowshoe rentals, tubing hill, cross-country skiing, skating, etc).
6. Quirky and fun, a perfect stocking stuffer. Cosmic cats or Aztec goodness. You can never go wrong with buying fun socks. Check out Regina’s newest chic shop, Cade Style Lounge for their selection of Instance socks and much more.
I hope this list has inspired you to go beyond the big box stores and shop local! Happy shopping everyone!